Search This Blog

Friday, September 09, 2005

One of the first places that I was introduced to in Memphis was Gibson's donuts. After 11:00 the donuts go six for a dollar, and generally they are the donuts that had been cooked a few hours earlier, so they are still in good shape. Well, I have been to Gibson's enough that the woman who works the weekend late shift knows me because of all the time I have spent there. Tonight I was being rung up and was 25 cents short because I bought a large chocolate milk, I asked my friend Jeremy for a quarter and the woman just looked at me and said "like I wouldn't cut you slack for 25 cents." That warmed my heart, see, they have let me get the discount thirty minutes early if no one was around. Sometimes they have given me the discount up to an hour early, and not just the workers, but one of the higher ups has done that for me.
Well tonight I was sitting in there with some friends and one of the cooks came out, pointed at me, and called me to the back. I had never been to the kitchen so I was nervous, then, he gave me a tray of old fashion donuts right out of the oven/greese. STILL HOT!!! I have always considered Gibsons one of my favorite places in Memphis, now they are moving up past Tops Barbeque, and Memphis style hot wings on James and Rangeline. To the people at Gibson's Donuts, YOU ROCK.

No comments: