Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I often wonder what to post about on this blog, sometimes because nothing is going on, sometimes because I don't want to be like every other blogger who wants his own personal forum on the web even though I want one. I mean who doesn't want their own forum, their own place where, like yertle the turtle king of salama-sod, the ruler of all they survey. I have been reading a lot of blogs, and I enjoy doing it, I like to see differerent perspectives, though more importantly I want to get in my say. When it comes down to it, I really want people to know what i think about whatever. And sometimes, sometimes I just want certain people to know what is going on in my life.

I suppose in the end it is important to accept that in some way I desire community, it is important to me that people know me. It is important that whoever I choose to be, people know me... not a stereotype from my chosen religion, not a stereotype of race or whatever... And maybe this is just one more way for me to ask for community.

1 comment:

James T Wood said...

Isn't it weird that some of the best community can occur with no personal contact?

I'm torn about the ability of blogs to provide community, though. I'm not sure that everyone is being authentic when they're online, and authenticity is key to good community.