Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2005

It is time for a new school year to start. I am excited about that. I have known school all my life and I am comfortable with it. Being out for the summer I realized that I crave structure. I had way too much time where I didn't have to do anything over the summer. At first I thought, I won't have a big summer it will be great chillin with people and just kickin it. In reality most of my friends left town or found internships for the summer. Most of my friends weren't here. I look forward to the school year starting for the acedemics of it as well. I have three classes this semester, at the seminary level of grad school that is what is considered normal.

I have also watched many friends leave for good this summer. My roomate of three years moved to Texas by way of Rwanda, one who is very dear to my heart moved to Kansas, another got married, and for the single buddies of the guy that is like him moving away. Four incredibly close people left this summer for good, but I know with each leaving God will fill that void, sometimes with people, and the more I am ready, with his essence/presense. Sometimes I would wonder, what is the point of taking the time to build relationships if everyone is just going ot leave. Then I realize how self centered that is. Pour me pour me pour me a drink right? I have chosen the life of a vagabond therefore while I am in that life I should be reminded that many will come and go, but what I learn and cherish of those relationships makes it worth it. Some people will walk with me longer than others... some run by and say hello, some stop and stay for a while... shoot, I might even find one day someone who is in for the long hall. But until then... I will live, I was reading in a Kempis today that Humans need two things: food, and light. The food is that of the Eucharist, or the body of Christ. The second a Kempis refered to as the light is the Bible... Food and Light... every sunday, every day... always communion

I am currently listening to a Grateful Dead song called ripple, it carries a feel of a slow movement, and renewal.

Ripple in still water
When there is no pebble tossed
Nor wind to blow
Reach out your hand if your cup be empty
If your cup is full may it be again
Let it be known there is a fountain
That was not made by the hands of men

No comments: