Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

This Gardening is For the Birds

Came home from work today, was going to revel in the joy of my little patio garden. Can you imagine the rage when I saw a bunch of flowers with no flowers.


I thought, "Maybe they're supposed to be like that and then they will grow back better." I just couldn't get past the cut look of the stems. I didn't know what to do so I went to google. I wondered if it was the ducks, then I read that some birds pluck flowers to line nests with. That last line made sense, so I thought, maybe I will just be able to make it though and they will grow back and the birds will be done. Then I saw one, standing in my flower pot, a bird. I didn't get a pic of him in my pot but, I did track him down later. 


I saw him, in my flower pot... arghhh I thought, "If I don't do something now these birds will feel like they are free to take whatever they want and that will lead to my strawberries, which gets in the way of deliciousness." I couldn't have that so I went a traditional route, a route known as wire mesh fencing. 

You have to understand I don't mind using a fence to keep birds out... I might just hang a sign for all birds, "Got Have A Membership Card To Get Inside," and sure they might reply, "What gives you the right, to put up a fence to keep me out!!!"

Sure if God were here he might tell me I was some kind of sinner but I don't think these fences muck up the scenery or break anyones mind... and they leave my flowers handsome, as they should be. 

No comments: