Search This Blog

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Went dancing tonight

Went dancing tonight, I know that the folk who went to harding with me know of my skillz via spring sing, but there is still a lot for me to learn. So anyway I went to this place where they teach for free on Wednesday nights and learned the Charleston last week, learned the East Coast Six Step, and the Lindy Hop. Now the East Coast Six Step was pretty easy but the other two are difficult. Around the end of the night I noticed I was doing the single Charleston, but making very little headway with the Lindy Hop. I know there are 8 counts and in theory I know where my feet are supposed to go, but I end up pretty much just spinning in a circle, and getting very dizzy. Regardless, I am exhausted, so I am going to go to bed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, that hurts.

Mark said...

I don't know. I got to stay with Justin this last week for a short course in Memphis. He was demonstrating some of his moves. I'll have to say the best ones were when he whipped out the old spring sing routines. His dancing isn't half as comical as you might would picture...after all, he is meeting a lot of women this way. I'll give him credit for that.