Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Some time ago I helped a dear friend load up her moving truck and go. My help was paid for with what is called a Sorbet Fizz. The Sorbet Fizz is TCBY's mix of sorbet and sprite. It is an amazing drink. There is a fizzy creamyness to it that tingles the tummy and brings joy to the palat. This certain Fizz I drank was Orange Sorbet. I love that orangy taste especially when it is mixed with the tingle of soda.

Yesterday I was going to treat myself to a sorbet fizz, just as I had it before. The Orange, the fizz... wow what a combo then after standing in a long line at TCBY I found they had no orange sorbet. So without thinking I just figured they were out and went to another TCBY, this is memphis we have like fifteen of everything in driving distance and like fifty starbucks shops.

So I walked into the other TCBY and made my request, "One large Sorbet Fizz please," and the individual behind the counter began to make my fizz, I had figured it would be just like that first one I had that brought so much joy to my palat. Then he finished, and set it before me, it was green, not the wonderful orange that I had before. I said to this man, "last time I had this it was Orange," and his reply almost broke me.

"The flavor changes with the sorbet of the day." I didn't take the green monster before, hung my head and walked out the door.

Today I went to the supermarket, picked up some Orange Sherbet, and Sprite. I mixed them together using my hand mixer. After two tries, I never matched the taste of that Sorbet Fizz. Maybe it is because of the sentiment of the situation... something I will never taste again because the taste was not simply the mix of two wonderful ingrediants but also the situation of seeing a dear friend leave... The bitterness of an event showing me the depth of the sweetness for so long I had been a part of.

Maybe I will never have another good sorbet fizz, but I will always have the wonderful memory of that sweet mix of orange sorbet and sprite.

3 comments:

James T Wood said...

Oh my poor, misguided friend. Memphis has all of six Starbucks. I'm in Tacoma, Washington right now (30 miles south of Seattle). I can go outside and see a Starbucks on three out of four corners. I like Starbucks.

Anonymous said...

Blogs and Podcasts Together
A growing number of companies are employing blogs and podcasts as part of their communication mix.
Thanks for putting this up. I know it takes a ot of time.
If you know anyone with hearing aid problems, visit my site at
Hearing Aid Repair
Thanks!

Taylor

Anonymous said...

Tivo tests merging of Web and TV
Tivo is testing a new service that will allow users to download shows to their magical Tivo boxes via a broadband internet connection, even before the shows air to the rest of the public.

Hi there,

nice blog, I stayed quite long reading interesting stuff. Good work. Think, I will
bookmark it an come back.

If you get some time, be sure to check out my natural hair regrowth product
related website.