Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2002

Muggy Thursday

The heat of the ground burns off in fog
The water so hot burns in the bog

The true night descends upon my dark face
Of laughter I hide I hide in my place

The candle in heart flickers so bright
The darkness around depressing the light

The saddle I wear it causes me pain
The rider I bare he inflicts me with shame

The smile he wears as he whips my broke back
It descends on me like a wolf from a pack

The heat it swelters surrounding my members
The rain makes the fog rise from the embers

The ground is so hot the day is so muggy
The people in darkness the light is so ugly

The calendar stares and laughs with such glee
It laughs it laughs it laughs only at me

For the end isn’t here nor is it marked
The day when the far off dawn will embark

And the rain it slows and the heat deprived
For only a moment until its demise

No comments: